The General Accounting Analyst is responsible for delivery of the General Accounting activities for the client.
IT and Technology, Management Consulting
Length/duration of opportunity
- Responsible for activities assigned by the General Accounting Lead.
- Performs regular standard tasks but with the opportunity to vary work sequencing.
- Solves problems largely by precedent with referral to detailed instructions/procedures.
- Seeks advice and escalates issues when faced with tasks/problems outside normal scope of the job.
- Subject to general direction and guidance from supervisor / manager as appropriate.
- Interacts largely with own workgroup but may interact with users around first line queries/requests for information.
- Accurate, efficient and organised within daily responsibilities.
- Adaptable to learn new processes, concepts, and skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to work as part of a team.
- Escalates production issues to his/her team leader as appropriate.
- Complies with all client published policies and procedures and any legal and regulatory requirements that the company is obliged to adhere to.
- Performs tasks related to:
- Journal Entries.
- Treasury / Cash Management.
- Period Close.
- Monthly Standard Activities.
- Quality Assurance.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting related course.
- Fresh graduates or those with 1 to 2 years of relevant experience.
- Written and spoken ability to communicate in English for Accenture interaction.
- Preferably with cost accounting and reporting background.
- With knowledge on basic taxation.
- Previous accounting experience/studies in particular GA.
- Must be a good team player.
- Responsibility and accuracy in the completion of received tasks.
- Ability to solve urgent matters and work under pressure.
- Flexibility, especially in the period of month/quarter/year-end closing.
- Experience with accounting systems.
- Microsoft Office skills.
- Overtime and On-Call may be required.