As a Senior Back-end Developer at Deriv.com, you are a seasoned leader who can inspire your team and bolster the databases, scripting, and IT architecture of our company.
As a Senior Back-end Developer at Deriv.com, you are a seasoned leader who can inspire your team and bolster the databases, scripting, and IT architecture of our company. You take pride in mentoring the junior members of your team and involving them in facing and overcoming new challenges, which you see as an opportunity to gain knowledge and experience. With your advanced object-oriented programming skills, you are eager to take on heavy responsibilities that go above and beyond the regular back-end workload of testing and improving the performance, speed, stability, and security of the company’s website and applications.
- Design and launch large, complex back-end projects autonomously.
- Communicate with other teams to clearly identify the requirements, goals, and road map of joint projects.
- Undertake massive architecture challenges to reach high availability and scalability aims.
- Build, maintain, and optimise the technology that powers our servers, applications, and databases.
- Define the priority of the Back-end team’s tasks according to the company’s direction.
- Take the initiative to learn and work with the new technologies that are often introduced to the arsenal of our engineering teams.
- Collaborate with front-end developers and other teams to develop high-quality web and mobile apps.
- Lead your team in writing, reviewing, and documenting code to support and improve the functionality of our digital products.
- Detect and fix complex bugs that might result in high-risk issues during development and deployment.
- Elevate our data storage design to achieve greater speed, efficiency, and scalability.
- Supervise and engage in all aspects of the product life cycle.
- Expertise in any programming language, preferably Perl, Python, PHP, C/C++, Go, or Ruby, and a willingness to become highly proficient with Perl.
- Vast experience with relational database design, and/or open-source RDBMS systems such as MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Extensive knowledge of information security and data protection.
- Proficiency in Linux system administration.
- Experience working with microservices and scalable systems.
- Expert-level ability to produce high-quality, self-documenting code by using test-driven development (TDD) techniques.
- Long experience in Linux and other open-source platforms.
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills.
- Growth-inducing challenges
- Productive work atmosphere
- Cooperation, support, and empowerment
- Career progression opportunities
- Market-based salary
- Annual performance bonus
- Health benefits
- Casual dress code
- Travel and internet allowances