As a Database Administrator at Deriv.com, you will plan, install, and maintain database systems to ensure the security, integrity, and seamless flow of information for our high-traffic online trading platform.
- Plan, install, and configure world-class database systems that meet business objectives and the needs of end-users.
- Plan and carry out the upgrade and migration of databases.
- Develop, implement, and test database backup and recovery plans.
- Manage database and data security by controlling access to data through authentication, authorisation, and auditing.
- Perform tests to ensure database performance and security, as well as data integrity.
- Document and administer database policies, procedures, and standards.
- Troubleshoot and debug problems in existing database systems, and find new ways to improve their speed, functionality, and scalability.
- Experience as a DBA, with a focus on:
- Database setup
- Performance tuning
- Disaster recovery
- SQL queries and optimization
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience with database testing tools such as pgTAP
- Knowledge of Linux system administration, preferably including configuration and automation tools such as Chef as well as shell scripting
- Growth-inducing challenges
- Productive work atmosphere
- Cooperation, support, and empowerment
- Career progression opportunities
- Market-based salary
- Annual performance bonus
- Health benefits
- Casual dress code
- Travel and internet allowances