Head of DBA
As the Head of DBA, you will coordinate the activities of our highly talented Database team to plan, install, and maintain our database systems.
As the Head of DBA, you will coordinate the activities of our highly talented Database team to plan, install, and maintain our database systems. You will use your extensive experience to ensure that our Postgres databases are scalable, hackproof, properly backed-up, and redundant in case of failure. In collaboration with your team, you will guarantee the security, integrity, and seamless flow of information for our high-traffic online trading platform.
- Manage a team of Database Administrators and guide them to scale and drive projects to completion.
- Foster innovation within the Database department, drive key decisions, and transparently communicate outcomes, updates, and unfulfilled needs.
- Coordinate the overall hardware architecture, design, implementation, maintenance, and management of database systems.
- Research, review, and partake in the development of database initiatives that improve the stability and scalability of our platforms.
- Identify and track key performance metrics for the team and technology and use these metrics to improve team performance and database infrastructures.
- Create a culture of growth, accountability, high performance, and agility within your team and support individual career development at all levels.
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a senior-level Database Administrator with excellent knowledge of PostgreSQL, SQL server, and other RDBMS variants.
- Excellent team-management skills with the ability to quickly rally people around a project and create an atmosphere where teams are empowered to deliver
- Working knowledge of data warehousing and database concepts with a thorough understanding of data structure, database design, caching systems, etc.
- Advanced hands-on experience in database setup, security, replication, performance tuning, disaster recovery, SQL, and stored procedures
- Vast knowledge of Linux system administration, including configuration and automation tools such as Chef as well as Shell scripting
- Exceptional spoken and written communication skills in English
- Growth-inducing challenges
- Productive work atmosphere
- Cooperation, support, and empowerment
- Career progression opportunities
- Market-based salary
- Annual performance bonus
- Health benefits
- Casual dress code
- Travel and internet allowances