As a Software Tester at Deriv.com, you will engage in quality control throughout the product development lifecycle of all our products, services, and systems. You will help come up with test plans and ensure their execution on each stage, from planning until release.
As a Software Tester at Deriv.com, you will engage in quality control throughout the product development lifecycle of all our products, services, and systems. You will help come up with test plans and ensure their execution on each stage, from planning until release. We process over a million transactions per day, and we need you to help deliver the best version of every product, fully optimised, free from bugs, and polished for client utilisation.
- Perform high-quality automated and manual tests on the Deriv.com website, applications, backend infrastructure, and related systems.
- Collaborate closely with the rest of the QA and IT teams to create, design, and run several types of testing based on different objectives.
- Integrate various types of testing into our existing workflows, both internal and external.
- Ensure the integrity of releases by coordinating testing procedures and activities.
- Track and keep a detailed record of every bug that you discover.
- Identify, document, and investigate issues reported by our clients and the Client Support team.
- Replicate reported issues and work with our IT teams to find the root cause, understand the problem, and help come up with solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or an equivalent combination of technical education, training, and work experience.
- Ability to write high-quality, self-documenting code using test-driven development techniques.
- Minimum of two years experience in a software or web application testing role.
- Experience in designing and executing test plans (both automated and manual).
- Experience with agile development methods such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Passion for Linux and other open-source platforms.
- Familiarity with Git.
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills.
- Experience with Postgres or another RDBMS.
- Experience in performance and load testing.
- Proficiency with one or more programming languages, preferably Perl, but can also be Python, PHP, C/C++, etc.
- Productive work atmosphere
- Cooperation, support, and empowerment
- Career progression opportunities
- Market-based salary
- Annual performance bonus
- Health benefits
- Casual dress code
- Travel and internet allowances