As a Technical Writer at Deriv.com, you will combine your excellent command of English and your strong understanding of the technology we use to produce well-structured, concise, and easy-to-understand technical documentation and architectural plans.
As a Technical Writer at Deriv.com, you will combine your excellent command of English and your strong understanding of the technology we use to produce well-structured, concise, and easy-to-understand technical documentation and architectural plans. You will collaborate with our IT teams and project managers to deliver key technical content. Our existing and future employees will benefit from your clear, comprehensive architectural and project plans that will act as detailed roadmaps, specifying how they need to proceed to reach end objectives. You will contribute to our state-of-the-art technology and reflect the brilliance of our engineers in your powerful content.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of our products and services to condense information into simple, accurate, and polished documents tailored to their target audience.
- Document our current and intended future systems and software architecture.
- Produce coding standards, training manuals, and other technical documents for our Back-end, Front-end, Quants, Business Intelligence, and Quality Assurance teams as well as for the third-party developers who use our API.
- Refine and polish engineer-generated documents and open source projects to imbue them with clarity and consistency.
- Work with project managers to create detailed technical guidelines for achieving our short-term and long-term goals.
- Generate documentation for our internal and public-facing APIs.
- Identify and remedy content gaps and requirements to insert visual aids such as diagrams or videos to assist comprehension.
- Set the standard for our technical documentation by creating a technical style guide that can be followed across the company.
- Make sure that production and publication of content are technically accurate, well-written, and easily understandable.
- Good fundamental knowledge of software development, preferably with the
- programming languages, platforms, and systems that we use, such as Perl, Python,
- PHP, C/C++, Go, Ruby, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS.
- Familiarity with relational database design and/or open-source RDBMS systems such as MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Good knowledge of Linux and other open-source platforms.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and excellent command of English.
- More than 3 years of experience in technical content creation.
- Exciting work challenges
- Cooperative work environment
- Career advancement opportunities
- Market-based salary
- Annual performance bonus
- Health benefits
- Casual dress code
- Travel and internet allowances