Support superior in managing day-to-day operating expenditures against operating budgets to ensure efficient usage of resources.
FMCG/ Consumer Goods, Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals, Sales
Length/duration of opportunity
- Support superior in managing day-to-day operating expenditures against operating budgets to ensure efficient usage of resources.
- Support the implementation of credit policy, processes and internal controls to ensure governance over the credit control/collections function.
- Gather and compile new customers' corporate and financial information to support the verification of creditworthiness.
- Prepare the summary of credit and collection history of existing customers for tracking and decision-making purposes.
- Support the follow-up of payments due, solve basic disputes and provide clarifications to debtors to ensure timely collections.
- Ensure new terms and conditions arising from renegotiation of customer payment plans and reassignment of credit limits are captured in the system.
- Provide administrative support to continuous improvement initiatives that streamline existing credit control processes and improve efficiencies through a better utilization of automated systems.
- Provide information to internal stakeholders on debtors' outstanding balances, collections, etc.
- Work closely with customers on collections and reconciliation of balances to ensure accurate and timely recovery of payments.
- Degree or professional qualification in Accounting/Finance or a related discipline.
- Up to two (2) years' experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge and understanding of the business and industry.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge and application of local/international accounting standards, principles and practices; credit control experience is preferred.
- Proven hands-on experience in SAP accounting applications is an advantage.
- Demonstrate basic research and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate proficiencies in office productivity tools (e.g. Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrate fluency in local language and ideally in English, both written and spoken.