As an Identity Security Consultant, you'll contribute technical insights to client engagements and internal projects.
At EY, we want you to bring your intelligence, energy and integrity into EY services and help drive better business outcomes.
Starting a career with EY is your opportunity to receive early responsibility, support and training as you set out to achieve your career ambitions. You will receive exposure to some of our largest clients and projects, from entrepreneurial start-ups to multinationals, both locally and globally. You’ll also receive guidance on how to help them manage risks, address issues and capitalize on opportunities.
You will experience on-going professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. Sounds interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
As an Identity Security Consultant, you'll contribute technical insights to client engagements and internal projects. An important part of your role will be to actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. You'll also identify potential business opportunities for the EY organisation within existing engagements, and escalate these as appropriate.
In your role as an Identity Security Consultant, you’ll:
- Conduct Identity Security assessments against EY Methodology and leading practice frameworks and common standards
- Participate in project implementation life-cycle processes, including requirement assessment, analysis and design, development, testing, quality assurance, deployment and documentation
- Develop systems components to support modularized solution architecture, including business logic, functionality and connectivity access
- Design, code and test product features, and work closely with other team members to provide complex changes
- Advise clients on identity security issues, including explaining the technical details and how they can remediate the vulnerabilities in the systems
- Consistently provide quality client services and manage expectations of client service delivery
- Facilitate high-quality work products within expected timeframes and budget
- Monitor progress, manage risks and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
Skills and attributes for success
- A team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Good analytical, report-writing and presentation skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally
- Strong leadership qualities and a good record of extra-curricular activities
- Possess a recognized university degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or a related major (such as Accounting, Finance, Economics). Individuals with post-graduate degrees and/or professional qualifications are also encouraged to apply.
- Be willing to pursue related professional certifications such as the CISSP, CISM and/or CISA
- Have a strong interest in the field of Information Security
- Be in your final year currently or a fresh graduate
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Past relevant trainee/internship experience
What we look for
What’s most important is that you’re dedicated to working with your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You’ll need to be open to picking up new skills as you go, so natural curiosity, a willingness to ask questions and the confidence to speak up when you see something that can be improved, are essential. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What EY offers
You can start creating your future immediately. You’ll be working with experienced professionals who’ll guide you and help you build the technical skills, knowledge and confidence to pursue your goals. Imagine how much further you can go by expanding your network, collaborating with industry leaders, learning from mentors and pursuing your professional qualifications. We provide you:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please send your application to EY Careers.
You are required to include a cover letter, most updated resume, academic transcripts (secondary and tertiary), certificates, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents with your application.