Agency Business Development Associate - Klang
Discover the GREAT in your career.
As a LIFE company, our customers are at the heart of all that we do. Being one of Asia’s leading insurer for over a century, we have built a long-lasting legacy of trust with our customers over many generations. At the foundation of this trust is Integrity, Initiative, and Involvement – from the way we treat every customer relationship with honesty and transparency, to our proactive approach of delivering the best possible solutions in both life and general insurance.
Integrity, Initiative, and Involvement is what guides us. It is what makes us do the right thing, take the lead, and choose ‘we’ over ‘me’. Our mission is to make life great for our customers because we understand what matters most to them, and we know how to help them protect it.
If you are looking to grow in an exciting career filled with opportunities and potential, we are seeking a professional to join our team as Agency Business Development Associate - Klang.
- Achieve branch production and new agent recruitment goals
- Organize recruitment seminars, business opportunity programs (BOP), recruitment activities and sales seminar to increase productivity
- Organize seminars for new product launches and awareness campaign
- Plan and conduct training for the agency force
- Monitor sales and recruitment performance through effective communication and
- Organize monthly reviews with Group Managers and Unit Managers to increase profitability of business
- Work closely with Branch Admin Heads to increase profitability of business
- Support the agency administration in the area of activation/appointment of agents and to grant ad hoc authority for the payment to agents/agency, e.g. commission payments
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks
- Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company
- Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices
- Assist in any other ad-hoc assignments
- Possess a recognised degree in Insurance, Business, Finance, Marketing, Economics or any business-related field
- Preferably with minimum of 1 year experience in business development, marketing, distribution, or sales line in insurance, unit trust or banking. However, fresh graduates are encouraged to apply
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills
- Good in public speaking or presentation skills
- Self-motivated, team-oriented, dynamic and hands-on, with high verbal and numerical literacy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point and Words)
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes
Great Eastern Malaysia is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, and all qualified applicants shall receive a fair and equal consideration for employment.
Location: Klang Branch