As Underwriting Associate, you will perform prudent underwriting for individuals life proposals, individual medical insurance proposals, group insurance proposals and reinstatement of lapsed policies within expected response time set.
- To perform prudent underwriting for individuals life proposals, individual medical insurance proposals, group insurance proposals and reinstatement of lapsed policies within expected response time set.
- To attend to policies referred by Customer Services and Claims Departments for prudent underwriting for approval /opinion within the expected response time set.
- To prepare underwriting data sheet for large sum assured cases for the Financial Underwriting Committee
- To provide back up to NB touchpoints to ensure performance benchmark & objectives are met.
- To conduct qualitative underwriting checks on a random basis.
- To assess/determine/update the classification of medically sub-standard lives in the LIAM databases for not taken up proposals.
- To determine the reinsurer and updates the facultative cases based on RI arrangement accordingly.
- To assist in supervising in the absence of Team Leader
- To assist in preparing of department's annual budget/budget variances analysis
- To provide technical consultation to agency members.
- To coach and teach junior underwriter or new hires on underwriting practices and guidelines.
- Any other assignments and/or ad-hoc functions required by management from time to time.
- Possess a tertiary qualification preferably in Biology, Mathematics, Science, Genetics, Actuarial Science, Biochemistry, Economics, Nursing, Business Studies.