Systems Administrator - IMI Distributed Systems Support
As Systems Administrator - IMI Distributed Systems Support, you will be responsible for delivering & supporting the Operational activities of the Platform teams on real-time/daily basis.
Functionality as a Service Line
- Responsible for delivering & supporting the Operational activities of the Platform teams on real-time/daily basis.
- Assist the Incident Management team & technical Teams using agile methodologies with a mission to provide high-quality client experience through quick actions & TAT on incidents.
- Validating severity classification of the problem
- Monitoring, Controlling and Operating complex computer systems, Networks, Applications and/or distributed systems in a multi-vendor environment
- Dispatching of incidents within agreed SLA to technical teams. Record & Route problems to the right stakeholders/appropriate support groups
- Invoking incident management process, as appropriate. Ensure all required procedures are implemented and followed
- Analyzing first level problems for all systems (as per service agreements)
- Provide operational status on a timely basis, as required
- Supporting the Systems Management Processes specific to the client requirement
- Enable/Disable Suppression of the servers based on the metrics provided by the technical Teams
- Take the appropriate, predefined recovery actions for the various operational events
- Creation & Dispatching SR as per business requirement
- Hands-on exposure to ServiceNow tool/Netcool Team highly preferred
- Effective collaboration with stakeholders across geographical locations and varied levels.
- Good understanding of ITIL process areas like Service request fulfillment, Incident/Problem/Change & Release Management, Availability & Configuration Management, IT asset management, Basic reporting skills
- Experience in Driving restoration plans
- 3-5 years of experience in any reporting and analytics function/role with exposure to Enterprise IT.
- Strong communication skills – verbal/written
- Bachelor's Degree
- 13th-month salary
- Medical coverage and life insurance
- 15 days of annual leave