Failure Analysis R&D Engineer
Responsible for identifying and researching component failures to improve product yield, quality and/or reliability.
Responsible for identifying and researching component failures to improve product yield, quality and/or reliability. Evaluates the electrical and mechanical characteristics of integrated circuits, components, subcomponents, and systems to determine the root cause of failure. Analysis failure reports and recommends corrective action to prevent reoccurrence of problems. Uses all standard electronic test equipment (digital/analog) such as Logic analyzer, oscilloscope and test systems to do board failure analysis and debug. May support new product transfer and start-up and the automation and improvement of the failure analysis process. Strives to proliferate shared learning across sites. Maintain necessary records and reports. Performs other related duties as required or as directed.
1) Possess a Master's or a Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Electronics, or Microelectronics Engineering.
2) Additional qualifications include:
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and good knowledge in one or more of these areas :
- Device physics, I/O structure
- Microprocessor architecture and micro architecture, microprocessor circuit, circuit analysis and DFT/DFD architecture
- Perl/Python/C programming/assembly language