Operations Research Engineer
Design, develop, and apply engineering, mathematical models, simulation, and optimization models to drive solutions to complex manufacturing and supply chain problems.
- The Operations Research Engineer will be responsible for, but to limited to:
- Design, develop, and apply engineering, mathematical models, simulation, and optimization models to drive solutions to complex manufacturing and supply chain problems.
- Identify and solves highly complex problems in factory performance, loading, equipment performance, decision science and supply and distribution network problems.
- Understand the factory (Fab and A/T) environment and supply chain knowledge to develop complex engineering models and apply them to identify and drive solutions.
- Build, develop, validate, and apply mathematically based decision algorithms, heuristics, optimization and simulation models and tools.
- Work closely with the business units to identify root causes, define the strategic and tactical needs, and drive the appropriate business and technical solutions.
- Develop solutions to problems utilizing formal technical training, business knowledge and judgment.
- The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioural traits:
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Ability to identify root causes of problems and synthesizes effective practical solution approaches implementing these solutions in real-life production usage
- Committed and highly motivated team player with strong communication skills
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Position not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
- Candidate must possess at least one of the following 2 degrees; plus, the years of experience required for each degree in the areas specified below:
- Master's degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Management, Science, or related discipline with 3 + years of relevant experience.
- PhD degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Management, Science, or related discipline with 1 + years of relevant experience.
- Programming: CSharp and work with commercial optimization constraint programming job shop scheduling packages such as ILOG CPLEX, Gurobi, Autosched, etc.
- Database management systems, such as SQL Server, etc.
- Deterministic modeling, analytics and programming
- Operations Research (OR), Linear Programming, Integer Programming, Constraint Programming
- Strong knowledge and multiple years of experience in semiconductor manufacturing and scheduling is highly preferred
- Discrete Event Simulation, Simulated Annealing, Meta Heuristics and Evolutionary Algorithms, etc.
- Experience would be obtained through a combination of prior education level classes, and current level school classes, projects, research and relevant previous job and/or internship experience.”