To assist with the day to day activities relating to the bakery operation. Maintaining outstanding department condition with fully stocked and visual merchandizing standards. Ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service.
- Responsible in the opening and closing of the bakery section according to procedure on a daily basis and as required.
- Handle baking pastries and preparing fresh bread, pastries and other baked goods as when needed.
- Display bakery items and products on the shelves and counters.
- Participate in the daily quality control of products and report any issues to the superior.
- Clean the bakery section on daily basis to reduce the risk of food contamination and adhere to food handling guidelines.
- Maintain hygiene of the storage area, entire department and equipment according to the company SOP.
- Adhere to safety guidelines at all time in handling bakery equipment.
- Ensure FIFO practice in cold room storage and display area through daily inspection on the expiry dates and freshness of the products.
- Display price tags and POP cards according to company standards with updated information.
- Assist and support all sales, marketing and promotional activities.
- Assist in general operation functions and ad-hoc assignments.
Qualification and Education Requirements
- Candidates must possess at least vocational certificate (SKM) in bakery, pastry or any relevant courses.
- Minimum 2 years working experience in bakery or patisserie.
- Required language(s): Bahasa Malaysia and English. Mandarin speaking will be an advantage
- Basic communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Customer satisfaction oriented.
- Friendly, helpful and engaging personality.
- Meticulous, proactive and food hygiene.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.