Responsible to handle all transactions with customers accurately and efficiently include receiving payments, issuing receipts and keep track of all cash and credit transactions. Ensure all transactions run smoothly and maximize customer satisfaction. Provide basic customer service in a polite manner.
- Manage transactions with customers using POS system.
- Scan goods and ensure pricing is accurate.
- Collect customer payments either in cash, by credit card or debit card payment as per company SOP.
- Ensure safety, cleanliness and hygiene at the cashiering area according to company standards.
- Greet customers when entering and leaving cashier counter.
- Maintain good hygiene, proper grooming and pleasant decorum throughout the day.
- Informs superior of any customer’s complaints.
- Respond effectively to emergency situations such as power/electrical failure, fire and robbery as and when required.
- Ensure that all cash and relevant documents are correctly handed over to the
- Assistant Chief Cashier / Chief Cashier (as per cashier SOP).
- Be always ready to provide assistant to customers.
- Pro-active support and work in a team to smoothen the cashier operation.
- Ensure cashier duties are maintaining as per company SOP.
- Perform any other duties in general operational functions and ad-hoc assignments.
Qualification and Education Requirements
- Candidates must possess minimum SPM qualification.
- No working experience required. If possess experience in retail hypermarket will be an advantage.
- Required language(s): Bahasa Malaysia and English. Mandarin-speaking will be an advantage
- Basic communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Customer satisfaction oriented.
- Friendly, helpful and engaging personality.
- Meticulous, proactive and independent.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.