IT Software Licensing Engineer
Keysight is on the forefront of technology innovation, delivering breakthroughs and trusted insights to the world’s visionaries and innovators in electronic design, test, manufacturing, and optimization. Our ~14,000 employees create world-class solutions in wireless communications, 5G, automotive, quantum, aerospace, defense, and semiconductor markets for customers in over 100 countries. Our technical solutions – and our methods for creating them – help connect and secure the world. Learn more about what we do and how we do it.
Our powerful culture has led to us being independently recognized on Fortune 100’s Best Companies List and we are “Great Place to Work” Certified. We’re driven, collaborative, ethical, and curious, and we value all ideas, especially bold ones. And our culture extends far beyond our own walls. Our corporate social responsibility efforts support our communities, nurture the next generation of engineers, and promote environmental sustainability.
At Keysight, Inclusion & Diversity is an integral part of our core values. We believe that when people feel a sense of belonging, they can be more creative, innovative, and thrive at all points in their careers. We believe everyone should be respected in the workplace and in their communities regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, national origin, or any protected class. We continuously challenge ourselves to grow in our understanding of inclusion by engaging in a wide variety of diversity programs, initiatives, employee network groups and mentoring/development. This is Keysight – People and Culture - YouTube
IT Application Engineer
Keysight IT Digital Productivity Services is hiring an Application Engineer to bolster our SW Licensing Team in managing a centralized SW EDA portfolio. This role will also focus on SW DevOps. The ideal candidate must be able to communicate effectively with diverse Keysight SW development teams and be able to administer SW licensing.
You are responsible for:
- Vendor License Management for the Engineering Community – A new Centralized SW EDA portfolio collaborative model.
- Ensuring Compliance through strict process and standards adherence and auditing.
- Become a key resource for supporting and evangelizing our tools, licenses, and processes
- Continuously learn and improve through monitoring, metrics gathering and analytics to drive innovation.
- Perform application installation, configuration, and system administration tasks.
- Communicate and share knowledge with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Working with finance, global sourcing, legal, R&D engineers.
Must have 1-2 years of experience managing licenses. Software experience with Jfrog Artifactory, JIRA, Bitbucket and Confluence is a plus.
- A certain level of software and IT knowledge is imperative
- Familiarity with license agreements, developed and implemented annual budgets, and revenue forecasts
- Organizational skills - Negotiation of software licensing agreements
- Experience with contract or business negotiations
- Familiarity with common software licensing models (i.e., subscription vs perpetual)
- Budget forecasting/management
- Experience working with finance, global sourcing, legal, R&D engineer
- Relationship management externally (Suppliers/Vendors)
- Relationship management internally (Engineering Management/R&D)
- Monitoring of licenses usage requirements
- Ability to write/understand scripts (Shell, Bash, Python or Groovy)
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic agile environment with a growth mindset
- Must have strong work ethic while working in a flexible environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Shift: Day Job
- Schedule: Full Time (F)
- Travel Required: < 25%
- Duration (Temp Positions Only): > 24 months