Apprenticeship - Data Analyst
As a Data Analyst apprentice, your responsibilities include working on Data Processing, Data Warehousing, Data Visualisation and Data Analysis.
Looking forward to a data-driven career in a dynamic environment? KPMG is now on the lookout for young talents to join our Data & Analytics Apprenticeship
“Discover, Analyse, Transform and Accomplish”
This Apprenticeship program is specifically designed to blend hands-on experience with relevant trainings to enhance your job competency. As part of the Firm’s talent development program, we are committed to invest in data science trainings for our apprentices to achieve the necessary accreditations.
Your mission is to analyse large data sets and transform them into meaningful insights to identify current trends, cycles and anomalies. Our Apprenticeship program comes with a unique feature of one-to-one mentorship where you will be guided by an assigned mentor throughout the program. Upon completion of the program, you'll stand a chance to be offered a permanent role in KPMG Data & Analytics.
If you are passionate about your career path of becoming a data professional, we welcome you to embark on the journey with us!
Inspire Confidence. Empower Change. KPMG the Clear Choice
- Data Processing: Extract raw data from different sources (e.g. Excel, CSV, PostgreSQL, SQL, Oracle, ERP system, etc.) and proceed with data cleansing/sanitisation.
- Data Warehousing: Consolidate/aggregate processed data and store in data mart following specific data requirements.
- Data Visualisation: Build interactive dashboard using Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, QlikSense) to convert business insight into effective decision making.
- Data Analysis: Apply data modelling with analytical software (e.g. R, Python) to derive statistical and data-driven insights for different market segments.
- Availability of 6 months (compulsory) and above.
- Bachelor’s degree with a quantitative focus: Actuarial Science, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Data Science, Information Systems/Technologies (IS/IT), or Business and Commerce with D&A skillsets.
- Good knowledge on implementation of business data solutions (e.g. ETL, data modelling, data visualisation, and data analysis).
- Systematic troubleshooting approach, coupled with strong communication skills.
- Independent, self-motivated, organised, results-oriented, teamwork spirit and ability to undertake multiple tasks to meet challenging deadlines.
- Prior experience or project knowledge of data analytics or big data project will be an added advantage.
- Comfortable to work with large and complex datasets.
- Basic knowledge on Office 365 such as MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel.
- Good command of English, both written and spoken. Good to have:
- Experience in working with one of the programming languages (e.g. R, Python)
- Experience in working with database and data query language (e.g. SQL, MDX)
- Experience in data processing using one of the distributed systems (e.g. Hadoop, Spark)
- Experience or knowledge in BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, QlikSense)