Manager (G&S) - Sustainability Assurance
One of the duties of a Manager (G&S) in Sustainability Assurance is to bring potential opportunities to the teams' attention; seek, develop and present ideas to apply KPMG's services.
KPMG in Malaysia provides audit, tax and advisory services. Established in 1928, not only is our firm one of the oldest in Malaysia, but also the oldest KPMG firm in the Asia Pacific region. With approximately over 2000 staff positioned in 8 offices nationwide, our goal is turn knowledge into value for the benefit of our clients, our people, and the capital markets.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a renowned, fast-paced and professional organization with good career development opportunities.
- Bring potential opportunities to the teams' attention; seek, develop and present ideas to apply KPMG's services. Brings a business development mindset.
- Provide assurance service on corporate reporting, and to work as part of the engagement teams in the development of efficiency and cost-effectiveness out of the overall compliance landscape and the underlying Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) risk management including ESG risk assessment activities, risk transformation, ongoing governance and monitoring activities.
- Guide the teams in developing tailored scope of services to clients based on understanding to clients’ operations.
- Understand the client's industry and recognize key performance drivers; gain acceptance on a wide variety of issues impacting the client.
- Understand the goals of our clients and KPMG, align our people to these objectives by setting clear priorities and direction. Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively. Lead by example and provide equal opportunity for people to grow, develop and succeed. Strong project management skills.
- Establish positive relationship with senior stakeholders.
- Delivers exceptional client service. Maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and geographies.
- Minimum of 5-6 years of relevant working experience related to sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR), preferably in a consulting/advisory environment.
- University degree from an internationally-recognized university in engineering, sustainable development, environmental sciences, corporate sustainability or related field.
- Experience in corporate reporting and strong knowledge of GRI standards or international sustainability standards, and the requirements of the IIRC framework.
- Proven thematic expertise regarding environmental, social, and governance (ESG) risk and impact investing is preferred.
- Excellent analytical capabilities.
- Fluency in English (additional proficiency in Southeast Asian language is an asset), with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both verbal and written form.
- Able to interact effectively with both management and clients.
- The ability to travel is required.