Application Support Engineer
We are searching for application support to be responsible for troubleshooting the software applications a company uses and ensuring that help desk tickets are resolved in a timely fashion. This person will be work closely with service delivery teams and development teams to supporting client-facing software applications.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide technical support for enterprise-level application systems.
- Respond to general questions and trouble tickets in a timely manner.
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify potential solutions for how to resolve an issue.
- Prioritize multiple, open issues.
- Document issue tracking as troubleshooting progresses.
- Follow best practices for change control of proposed solutions.
- Maintain service reports.
- Document actionable bugs for engineering resolution.
- Consulting with the software development team, internal users, and clients to improve application performance.
- Professional Certificate/NiTEC, Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Degree (Informatioin Technology/ Computer Science), or significant equivalent experience
- Demonstrable experience as a application support engineer in a related field.
- Knowledge of programming languages like SQL, .Net Languages and Java
- Exceptional ability to provide front-end support to internal users and web-based clients.
- Advanced proficiency in determining the causes of application errors and repairing them
- ITILv3 foundation certified preferred
- Interpersonal skills