Accounts Assistant - Accounts Receivables
The selected candidate must perform work shadowing and ensure tasks and work steps are documented correctly.
- Perform work shadowing and ensure tasks and work steps are documented correctly
- Assist to develop test scripts and perform system readiness tests and UAT
- Identify and close any system and knowledge gaps prior to golive.
- Process sales orders and ensure sales contracts and billings are posted and generated accurately and timely in accordance with established processes and work procedures and in compliance with company policies, Sarbannes Oxley (SOX), legal and statutory requirements.
- Process and post collection receipts, debit and credit notes in accordance with established processes and work procedures and in compliance with company policies, Sarbannes Oxley (SOX), legal and statutory requirements.
- Match and clear collections, debit and credit notes posted against sales invoices in customer accounts in a timely and accurate manner
- Investigate and follow up on unidentified and unmatched collections in a timely manner
- Perform month end Accounts Receivables closing. Ensure month end close tasks are executed accurately and in accordance with month end close timelines and work procedures
- Prepare and submit Accounts Receivables reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Perform VAT/GST calculations and postings and submit VAT/GST reports in a timely manner
- Generate monthly debtor statements and send to customers in a timely manner
- Generate and send out reminders for overdue accounts in a timely manner
- Monitor debtors aging and ensure timely collection
- Monitor and follow up on overdue and delinquent customer accounts in a timely manner
- Liaise with bank, local company and customers to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Attend to queries and ensure timely resolution. Escalate unresolved issues in a timely manner
- Identify, recommend and implement continuous improvement initiatives in consultation with Team Lead and Function Lead.
- Assist in process improvements and project implementation initiatives
- Support new team members through proper knowledge transfer, sharing of resources, knowledge and experience.
- Assist in preparing and updating work procedures and training materials, when required
- Assist and support internal and statutory audits
- Perform such other tasks as required by Team Lead/ Function Lead.
- Diploma/Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Member of MIA
- Minimum 1 year of working experience in related field
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply
- Experience working in an ERP environment (eg NetSuite, Oracle, SAP) is an added advantage
- Experience working in a Shared Service or MNC environment is an added advantage
- Technical & Professional skills
- Good knowledge of accounting, internal controls, US GAAP and SOX requirements
- Good MS Excel skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good team player
- Ability to multitask and work in a challenging fast paced environment
- Good English written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
Interested applicants please apply online with a detailed resume. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.