Senior Staff Cell Technology Device Engineer
The Senior Staff Device Engineer develops/deploys new & existing solar cell architectures from conceptualization up to full production following SunPower’s robust business development process.
Summary of Role
The Senior Staff Device Engineer develops/deploys new and existing solar cell architectures from conceptualization up to full production following SunPower’s robust business development process. These solar cell architectures are critical in keeping SunPower’s leading competitive edge in the global PV market. This position collaborates with the world’s leading PV R&D organization and advance laboratory facilities (in US and elsewhere) to create the world’s highest efficiency solar cell at competitive cost.
Senior Staff Device Engineer directly reports to Cell Technology Deployment (RDD) Manager at the local site.
- Innovates and directly creates new solar cell architecture, processes and/or device structure leading to cutting-edge PV products
- Develops and executes cell technology development roadmaps and projects to improve solar cell performance, yield and reliability.
- Effectively works with SunPower business processes as required, meeting project objectives and timelines
- Analyzes cell performance data; studies the micro-structure of solar cells; identifies areas for improvement of cell efficiency, yield and reliability
- Provides technical leadership and mentorship to more junior staff
- Complies at all times with the Environment, Health and Safety and Manufacturing Quality standards, rules and regulations
- Transport allowance
- Health insurance
- Meal allowance
- 13th-month bonus
- Bachelor’s degree in Physics, Chemistry, Engineering (as a minimum)
- Preferred: PhD or Masters degree in Physics
- Minimum 6-year experience with Bachelors’ Degree, minimum 4-year experience with Master’s Degree, minimum 2-year experience with Ph.D.
- Experience in designing and developing semiconductor devices
- Ability to creatively tackle challenging projects; self-driven
- Knowledge of semiconductor device physics, device characterization and materials analysis techniques
- Knowledge of various wafer fab processes like thin film, thermal diffusion, silicon etching and cleaning, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to details
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Detail-oriented and highly motivated to learn new things
- Experience in data analysis, usage of statistical methods and design of experiment in R&D or manufacturing environment
Nice-To-Have requirements (an advantage)
- Knowledge of solar cell physics and technologies (a strong plus)
- Familiarity with manufacturing failure analysis and reliability testing methods