As Database Administrator, your responsibilities would include user administration and governance and taking care of database performance issues and database-related activities.
- Responsible for user administration and governance to ensure all access to database are fully managed and documented.
- Responsible for database performance issues such as long-running queries and blocking queries.
- Responsible for database-related activity such as replication, archive, backup/restore, encryption, audit logs as well as High Availability and Disaster Recovery capability
- Responsible for any Proof of Concept related to database
- Working closely with third party service provider to together improve the performance and stability of database.
- Working closely with development team to troubleshoot production issues that arise as well as providing guidelines and directions
- Working closely with security and governance team to ensure databases remain secure and compliance to all security process and guidelines
- Making sure that all changes in database are fully understood, documented, tested, reviewed and approved before going to production
- Providing guidelines and examples of how to handle production issues such as log checking, reading CPU/Memory/IO information, finding queries that consumes the most resources, finding queries that blocks other queries, high active session, tracing queries executed by specific user, etc.
- Providing guidelines of how to read SQL execution plan, how to improve it, which indexes are useful and which are not, etc.
- Providing technical recommendation to improve existing queries.
Bachelor's degree in Computing Science.
- Flexi work arrangement
- Employee Recognition Award
- E-wallet pocket money
- Breakfast days
- Company Trip
- Sports outings