Engineer, Research & Development
One of the responsibilities of a Research & Development Engineer is to design and develop new products to meet market trends and demand, manage product development from lab scale to pilot run.
- Design and develop new products to meet market trends and demand, manage product development from lab scale to pilot run.
- Conduct R&D study for value added, regulatory compliance, quality improvement, or cost reduction of existing products.
- Carry out hands-on research on process enhancement, new material development, or new technology for quality improvement or cost down initiative.
- Offer technical support on production process, raw material analysis, quality troubleshooting, engineering design, and customer inquiries.
- Provide engineering solutions for improvement in process efficiency, process automation, and line design.
- Work closely with other internal functions such as Marketing and Production to provide product expertise and render technical support on product development to achieve business goals.
- Develop close working relationships with external parties such as research collaboration partners, raw material suppliers, and testing laboratories.
- Communicate effectively and regularly to reporting superiors on project progress, results and analysis in terms of complete study reports, presentations, and meetings.
- Ensure all lab equipment is well maintained, utilized in a proper manner and calibrated periodically.
- Shall take additional responsibility as instructed by the immediate superior.
- The scope of authority shall refer to the selected work process procedure/ instruction.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a relevant Engineering background (Material Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Polymer Engineering etc.) or equivalent from reputable universities.
- Good command of English & Malay (spoken and written).
- Results-oriented, strong follow up and good negotiation skills.
- Pleasant personality and able to interact with all levels of people.