Mechanical Engineer is responsible for mechanical trouble shooting in order to reduce the down time of machinery.
Manufacturing - Chemicals and Heavy Industries
Length/duration of opportunity
- Responsible for mechanical trouble shooting in order to reduce the down time of machinery.
- Identify, analysis, and implement preventive maintenance to avoid reoccurrence of breakdown or minimize unplanned down time.
- Optimize spare part requirement so that the spare parts are available whenever the needs arise with minimum inventory cost.
- Responsible for maintenance cost.
- Identify and implement improvement maintenance in order to prolong the life span of the equipment.
- Plan plant shut activities in order to minimize plant shut duration and labor cost.
- Handle maintenance issues including on call and work late (if required).
- Responsible for career development or training of subordinates in order to have the second liner.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering only.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Good team player and a fast learner.
- Good command of written and spoken English, Malay and Mandarin.
- Dynamic and tactful personality with good interpersonal, communication skills.
- Composed, calm yet energetic when faced with challenges.
- Committed and dedicated to assigned activities by the company.
- Ability to work in a tough environment and cope with stress.
- The hostel will be provided for those from outstation.
- A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate.
- The successful candidate can look forward to opportunities for career development and advancement in the company and within the Group.